Friday 13 December 2013

Carrot Cake

Yes, the panetone did not happen, the stollen did not happen but I could always go back to my trusted baking book, Cake Angels by Julia Thomas. So I did and I got a moist and delicious Carrot Cake.
I've taken a few pics from the process, the first one is the mix before going into the oven, the second out of the oven and the final one the finish product, icing included ;)
I took it to my knitting group, where three of us are coeliac/intolerant and it went in a second, even the gluten eating folk loved it ;)
I must say I've done this recipe a few times and every single one of them has been great. I read somewhere that gluten free baking works better with some fruit or vegetable in the mix, it must be true.

1 comment:

  1. The most glorious carrot cake ever! Moist and a little spicy and not too sweet, mmmmm

    ReplyDelete