Friday 7 February 2014

Sweet Mandarin Cookbook


Brilliant news when I heard the Sweet Mandarin Cookbook was out! I was trying to stop myself from buying it being January, a month of control, but didn't manage it ;)
I love their sweet chilli sauce and the recipe is in the book, as well as the recipes for barbecue sauce and sweet and sour sauce. No more looking for them in the supermarket, I can now make my own!
There are recipes for soups, dumplings, spring rolls, prawn toasties, satay chicken, char siu pork, glutinous sticky rice and even crispy duck. So many other recipes too, I'm sure everyone can find their favourite here.
The book is very well presented, with loads of photographs that make your mouth water.
All recipes give you instructions on what to substitute if you are on a gluten free, egg free or dairy free diet (most of the time you just need to swap one or two ingredients, easy).

I loved Dim Sum in my gluten eating days, and have bitterly missed it, so now I'll be able to make some myself, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment