Monday 4 August 2014

Gluten Free Camden 1: Camden Lock Market

On Friday 1st of August there was a Gluten Free Food Festival at Camden Lock Market. I had heard about it on twitter and it sounded quite exciting!
So there I was at 1pm with my friend Freddie checking out the lovely food on offer.
There was also a stall from Whole Foods with demonstrations through the day, so all in all, a busy Friday at Camden Lock.
 
@theCircusBros Stuffed Omelettes
We both had one of the stuffed Spanish omelettes from Circus Bros. The omelettes are cooked in a small pan so they are perfect for one. You can have them plain, but who could with the amazing leg of ham on display? I had some Serrano ham and red peppers as filling for mine, and I can say it's one of the best Spanish omelettes I've eaten in a long time, even better than the one I make myself.
www.cowboycottagepie.com American fusion
They told me they are at Camden lock regularly so definitely worth a visit.


And what about the lovely American fusion dishes from www.cowboycottagepie.com ?

The food looked also delicious, with those nachos, beans and corn bread, definitely one for future visits, as she is there from Thursday to Monday, and all her products are gluten free and dairy free.



    

@RomeosGFbakery
I also tasted the bruchetta from Romeos GF Bakery and I have to say I was impressed. I had already heard a lot of good things about them, and will have to arrange a visit soon.
They are based in Islington:
167 Upper Street, London N1 1US
http://www.romeosglutenfreebakery.co.uk/


Paleo Menu from @FeedmePrimal
 There was some Paleo food on offer by Feed me Primal, who are there regularly too. Their meetballs looked delicious, you can check all their dishes on their website:
http://feedmeprimal.co.uk/

 Overall a very enjoyable day, good food, good company and lots of sunshine!

I just had to get ready for another Camden day on Saturday when I visited Honest Burgers and Cookies and Scream, but that is a story for another post.
Camden is very gluten-free friendly!




No comments:

Post a Comment