Sunday 13 July 2014

Clives pies

I loved to taste Clive's pies at the allergy show. Their tasting station is one of the best, with mini pastry squares that can be tasted with all their fillings.
I had to consider all my previous purchases, so I only got two of them, Minty Chickpea and French Cassoulet.
They were both very nice, but my favourite has to be the Minty Chickpea.

Ingredients )minty chickpea): Organically produced- tomato 15%, *water, sustainably sourced palm fat, chickpeas 11%, onion, rice flour, carrot, potato flour, maize flour, coconut milk, apricot 3%, tomato paste, buckwheat flour, *sea salt, turmeric, mint, black pepper, herbs.

Each pie weights around 250grams, and has around 600 calories. Available from Goodness Direct (£2.84) & Ocado (£2.54).

I didn't feel unwell in any way eating them, my only concern is the use of palm fat (highly saturated), instead of a healthier option.

No comments:

Post a Comment